Monday, August 25, 2014

Still Pregnant!

It feels so strange to be just sitting back waiting for my body to change, waiting to feel something different. It still feels unreal and I have this irrational fear that it could disappear; I want to take a test every morning when I wake up just to be sure it's still true, that it's not a dream. Even morning sickness would make me feel relieved-like that would be a daily reassurance that something is different. (I'll probably regret that comment if sickness hits the week we're on vacation in Houston!) I have gotten so used to disappointments and negative test results that I can't believe this is finally happening for me!

Flowers, teddy bear and cookies from Ryan's sister and brother-in-law...brightened our happy Saturday!
I'm still checking every morning to see if my boobs are sore...still normal. I really don't have any symptoms-I feel TOO normal! I'm still feeling tired though and mostly just want to sit at home because it requires too much energy to do anything.

Today, however, I was very productive. I had breakfast, went to the doctor for another blood test, came home and ate lunch, then Melissa and I went to the funeral home in Spanish Fork to pick up Brandon's ashes, to the grocery store for 3 items (all I could handle by this point), picked up the kids from school, came home and had snacks then I supervised/helped the girls scrub the bathrooms. That felt like more than enough for one day! Now it's nap time (as soon as I finish writing)...for me and Melissa (who has to work all night doing inventory)-the kids are playing and watching a movie. <Note: I did sleep for over over an hour.>

My blood test this morning was a bit of an adventure. My veins are deep so they require nurses to go in blind. Today, the guy that called me back tried twice and my vein kept rolling away from him. So he went to get "the expert". Once she (the expert) came into the room she felt for another vein in a less traumatized part of my arm until my arm was practically turning purple from the tourniquet. Then she switched arms and after several minutes found a good one. She used a smaller needle and was able to poke my vein on her first try. So long story short, 2 nurses, 3 needles and 30 minutes later I was leaving the office with a stylish blue band on each arm.
 

The highlight of my day was the phone call from the IVF nurse around 1:00 with my beta count. It was 719 on Saturday and that number will typically double every 48 hours. Today-48 hours later- it is at 1887! That is more than double, which she said could be a good indication that both embryos took. We won't know for sure until our viability screening (fancy name for our first ultrasound) which I scheduled today for Wednesday September 10.

I have to admit that even though the thought of twins was scary to me months ago, now I'm kinda hoping for twins. I'm sure it would be a challenge (even a singleton would be challenging) but it would also be fun!

I'm also hoping that both embryos took because I know that a miscarriage is always a risk, but I figure the chance of losing both is very slim. I guess two just makes me feel a little more reassured that we will be bringing home at least one baby in 8 months.

My biggest complaint so far: my backside is SO sore from the progesterone injections! And I still have 5 more weeks of them ahead of me (until October 1st). I feel guilty complaining about them though, because the only reason I have to keep doing them is because I'm pregnant so I should be grateful.

I feel like time is passing so slow right now. My due date as of right now is April 29...that sounds so far away! I know everyone keeps saying it will be over before I know it, but I think this first week is going to feel as long as the 2 Week Wait! Next week we'll be in Houston, then the week we get back is our ultrasound. I can't wait for the ultrasound! I feel like seeing the embryo(s) will make it more real for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment