Friday, January 30, 2015

My Week

I had an eventful week, full of little milestones! It started on high point with a birthday party for our now 10-year-old niece on Sunday...
...and crashed today with the death of my laptop. Major bummer...I was pretty upset (I cried a little) when I realized it was not going to turn back on after shutting down unexpectedly (I have an appointment at the Apple Store on Monday-wish me and my MacBook luck). Back to all the good things that happened this week though.

Wednesday: I hit the 27 week mark! I am finally getting to the end of my second and entering my third trimester! This belly is about to get huge! Which means getting out of bed is going to get even harder and I will have to deal with being extra uncomfortable on top of my insomnia.

My growing bump: Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday
Thursday: January 29. In exactly 3 months our baby is due! I cannot wait for April!

Friday: Another appointment with our baby doctor! I don't know why, but I so look forward to these appointments! Maybe it is because each one brings us one month closer to meeting out little guy face to face. Everything is still looking good: normal blood pressure, I gained 7 pounds this month (more than I hoped, but she said most patients have a little extra jump in weight around this time) and I'm measuring at 29 weeks, which is a week and a half ahead of where I am. This explains my exhaustion: our baby has been growing a lot! I also got the DTAP vaccine and took the glucose test (again).

I go back in three weeks, then start going in for appointments every two weeks. We even get another ultrasound at 36 weeks (still 9 weeks away, but exciting)! She also asked if we want an epidural (yes please!), if I planned to breastfeed (another yes) and if we had picked a pediatrician yet (no...which means I have some homework).

Some other fun things happened this week also: my baby shower is scheduled (March 7), I've collected addresses and I created a registry.

I also found a new way to save money on Amazon: I joined Amazon Mom. Anyone who joins between now and February 10 has a month to order a package of select Huggies diapers for 50% off (plus I think an additional 10-15% off for being an Amazon Mom member). I just bought my first package of 120 diapers for only $11! Once I figure out which diapers work best for us, I can subscribe to have diapers automatically delivered every month or two and get 20% off. I am sure there are more perks I will discover later, but for now I can save on diapers and wipes, and get a discount on items added to my registry.

I have been looking at baby items for a while now, so I did my registry the simple way: I moved everything from my Amazon wish list to my baby registry (I still plan to go to BuyBuyBaby and create another one for friends and family who prefer shopping in a store rather than online). A wonderful perk of doing my registry on Amazon is that 60 days before my due date, Amazon will notify me and I will be able to complete my registry purchases for 10-15% off (up to $500 off)! I can get that discount on any item on my registry for up to 90 days after the baby is born. So I have added EVERYTHING to the registry. I don't expect friends or family to buy the big stuff for us, but I want to get it for a discount so it's listed on there.

The rest of the week has consisted of cooking, naps and all the time I can get with Ryan (who has been working long hours). I have cooked dinner every night and taken a nap every afternoon; baby makes me tired! I'll have a few days of sheer exhaustion then a week of feeling pretty good. This kid is definitely growing and it wears mama out! He should be over 2 pounds and about 14-15 inches from head to toe by now-that's twice the size he was a month ago!

Baby Boy has active days and sleepy days (just like me...growing must wear him out too). Some days his movements feel gentle and more inward, other days he pokes and kicks like crazy to the point my stomach seems to be constantly moving (until I try to catch it on video or Ryan tries to feel...then he sits completely still). He likes to squeeze my bladder, bounce on my cervix and run his feet along the base of my ribs--it's the weirdest feeling. Sometimes he kicks just the right spot and makes me jump, then he'll press his foot in that uncomfortable spot until I push on him and make him move. My being short limits his space in there so when I sit down I think he gets a little squished and he really acts up. As uncomfortable as pregnancy is, feeling my baby moving in there makes it worth it!

Our baby boy is also at the point now where he can taste, hear and see light and dark (makes me want to hold a flashlight to my belly and see what he does!) I think his favorite food is going to be grapes; I eat grapes every day and they always taste SO good! I've always preferred the green ones, but for the last few months I have craved the red ones instead (the bigger the better). I need to start reading to him and playing some of my favorite soothing songs so when he's born those songs will be comforting to him (okay...I admit it...I made a baby playlist to listen to in the car).

Even if pregnancy gets more uncomfortable as time goes on and I get more anxious every day, it also gets so much more fun as he gets bigger and I feel him more! A couple of times I have felt what I think is his little foot and sometimes his head (could be his butt or a knee...I'm not really sure). I can't wait until I can feel my stomach and tell you what body part is what!

No comments:

Post a Comment