Sunday, June 22, 2014

A Birthday Party in Pictures

Yesterday was my younger sister Melissa's (29th) Birthday, so we got together today to celebrate! I fought through a yucky summer cold and prepped for the barbecue (including baking a cake) this morning while Ryan went fishing with a friend and our brother-in-law. Once everyone arrived, we grilled burgers and just hung out with the family (and Melissa's best friend from high school). It was a fun day! We had fun with the kids (as always)! Bailey (2) was my shadow for most of the day (and cute as ever) and everyone got a chance to cuddle new baby Dylan. The kids didn't want to leave, but every party must end sometime. 

I want to give a special thank you to Kenzie (9) who was a HUGE help: she helped me make frosting and finish the cake (and later placed and helped light the candles), then after we ate she helped load the dishwasher, dried the big dishes I hand washed and swept the kitchen floor and even offered to mop!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELISSA!!!

I went out to show Brinlee (7) our garden and came back to find everyone sharing in technology time!

No comments:

Post a Comment